If you are looking for a unique bathing experience on the Mornington Peninsula, be sure to visit the Mornington Peninsula Hot Springs. Located in Rye Victoria, this popular local attraction is known for its natural thermal waters that flow into the pool and private baths – the first and only one of its kind in Victoria.
The Peninsula Hot Springs was the brainchild of brothers Charles and Richard Davidson. After travelling to Japan in 1992, Charles fell in love with hot springs and thought of bringing the idea of outdoor bathing to Australia. Charles then discovered the existence of hot geothermal waters in Mornington Peninsula. By 1997, the brothers began establishing the Peninsula Hot Springs.
There are three main facilities in the hot springs, the first one being the famous bath house. It is a social gathering area where you can find 30 globally-inspired bathing experiences including a 30-person sauna, cave pools, reflexology walk, Turkish steam bath, cold plunge pools, family bathing area, massaging thermal mineral showers, hydro-jet pool, and a hilltop pool with an amaaaaaaazing 360-degree view of the region.
Spa Dreaming Centre
The Spa offers more tranquil spaces in private and communal pools. They have thermal mineral pools, outdoor private pools, saunas, barrel baths, footbath, and a Moroccan Hamam. You can also spoil yourself with an array of spa treatments to rejuvenate your mind and body. These spa treatments include Australian Aboriginal-inspired kodo full body massages, facials, mud and salt wraps, and ancient healing stone treatments. The spa centre is designed for guests 16 years old and above.
If you are looking for a more intimate and solitary bathing experience, the Peninsula Hot Springs has an indoor private bathing pavilion that you can enjoy alone or share with your family, friends, or special someone. The indoor pavilion includes an optional enhancement of essential oils, lavender milk or tulsi tea.
Aside from the unique bathing and spa facilities, Peninsula Hot Springs also has a number of dining options to nourish your appetite and replenish your body.
- Bath House Café – an outdoor café that serves a selection of light meals, refreshing drinks, and freshly ground coffee.
- Bath House Ampitheater Café – offers a range of healthy dishes inspired by the S.L.O.W (seasonal, local, organic, and whole) food movement.
- Spa Dreaming Centre Café – a unique dining experience that serves wholesome and fusion food in a beautiful table setting overlooking the tranquil hot springs.
- Picnic Areas – bring your own food and enjoy a picnic day with your family on the ample lawn space, picnic seating and tables in a beautiful native coastal garden setting.
- Royal Moroccan Tent – a luxury dining experience located in a secluded area of the bath house. This is perfect for retreats, birthdays, and weekend getaways with friends.
- Coffee Hut – choose from an assortment of freshly brewed coffee and chai teas for that perfect pick-me-up in the middle of the day.